Summer holidays have begun, which means I can get a bit of blogging done! And what better way to start the season than with fantasising about which characters I’d like to be stuck on a desert island with. Here goes:
1. Hobbits – Don’t laugh… they are excellent hunter-gatherers! I won’t ever starve and they are also pretty laid back so no arguments there. Unless it’s about who does the cooking perhaps…
2. Rhett Butler – Tall, dark, handsome and extremely resourceful. Did I mention he’s tenacious too? That there man has got some mad survival skills. And he’s gorgeous to boot!
3. Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights – If I can’t have Rhett, then Heathcliff will do. They are basically cut from the same cloth!
4. Ewoks – They are cute, can live in forests and I kinda have a secret dream off being like Snow White taking care of these little guys…
5. Four from Divergent – again I’m thinking of the deadly combo of survival skills and insanely hunky body. Yep, I intend to make good use of my time on that there island!
6. The Count of Monte Cristo – You can probably see a theme here. No need to justify it apart from the fact that Edmund has a desert island for himself and knows his way around one. Plus I’m a sucker from intelligent gentlemen. It will get boring on that island with just a hot body to look at.
7. Batman – I just think it would be great to get this guy on his own and try to figure him out. The Dark Knight is a bit of a sphinx, and he he can do with some sun to be honest!
8. Solid Snake – I’m breaking into video game characters here because to be honest, one of my biggest dreams is to learn how to shoot and survive commando style. Who better to train me than Snake himself!
9. Miss Havisham – I want to save this character, like truly save her from death. Having her on the island would allow me to do that. Plus, it would lift her out of her depression!
10. Gruffalo – Let the wild rumpus begin!!
That’s my weird list. What is your’s going to be?
Just hope they’re not all on that island with you at once? I’m picturing the Count of Monte Cristo, Heathcliff, and Rhett Butler all fighting over you – someone’s not going to make it, possibly none of them if the Ewoks arrive to break it up.
As for me, I’m thinking maybe Colonel Brandon from Sense and Sensibility (smart, caring, well traveled), Larry Underwood from The Stand (sexy, hidden leadership skills, committed to personal growth), Theresita Urrea from The Hummingbird’s Daughter (politically astute, magically spiritual, healing powers), Jo March from Little Women (contemplative, assertive, a talented writer), or Aragorn from The Lord of the Rings (loyal, heroic, just, protective, adventurous), just to name a few…