Ok, so I’ve been tagged by Novroz from over at Novroz’s Favourite Things. This is a fun meme whereby you have to post 10 things that make you happy. After posting it up, I have to choose 6 other bloggers to tag so that they can participate too. Here goes (in no particular order):
1. Family Get-Togethers/ Annual Reunions – We are a pretty large family, and we are scattered far and wide. It’s great to get in touch and see what’s going on with aunts, uncles and cousins. Sometimes we get so crowded it feels like I’m in a Mafia movie, lol.
2. Beach Parties – Summer is not complete without a beach party. And every year we pretty much have one. Barbecues, a midnight swim and fire-dance are the highlights. What a way to let your hair down!
3. Swimming – I love water, and I like the way swimming makes me feel. My biggest wish is to swim with dolphins.
4. Reading – This had to crop up here. Reading is a serious part of what makes me happy. I can’t describe why I like it so much, but it offers me a lot of relief and comfort. Sometimes I prefer the world of make-believe to that of the real world.
5. Music – They say that music is the food of the soul. I can’t live without music, and I can’t imagine life without it. It’s as simple as that.
6. Art – Even though I haven’t painted for a while, I know that it’s my first love out of the arts. Even before reading, before music, there was art. I have been drawing and painting since I was a kid. I think creating or looking at artwork makes me happier than reading.
7. Manga/ Anime – As I said before, ever since I was a little kid, I’ve loved art. I would copy my favourite characters again and again. Manga and Anime makes me happy, because unlike other forms of cartoons, it still has its roots firmly based in the good old-fashioned way of actually drawing each movement. Digital animation is slowly taking over everything, and it’s rare to find real professionals and masters producing these kinds of work anymore. I think productions by Ghibli studios are the best around, because they still honour the good old ways of making their films in this painstaking process.
8. Running – Seriously, I like all the adrenaline. Just pumping those legs and watching the world whizz past you is the ultimate form of freedom.
9. Martial Arts – For peace and tranquillity and getting to the inner depths of myself I have to say martial arts pretty much is the ultimate thing. Practising martial arts makes me feel like I’m connecting with the world.
10. Talking to like-minded people – It always fills me with happiness when I discover like-minded people who share my enthusiasms and thoughts. Finding kindred spirits makes life so interesting.
So, there we are. 10 things that make me happy. I would like to have included a whole lot more, but these are the most important I think.
Now I choose 6 other bloggers to pass this onto.
I’ll go round and let people know I’ve tagged them.
What makes you happy?